If you get this error while trying to access Awstats in cPanel, make sure that /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/awstats.pl has 755 permissions.
1. First thing you need to login whm/Cpanel interface using root account and WHM >> Main >>Statistics Software Configuration
a. Check on Awstats under “Generators Configuration”
b. tick Allow all users to change their web statistics generating software.
c. disable all other stats log viewer.
You you may need to generate the log files manually for the initial verification,
You can use SSH to update the stats by issuing the following command:
You can now see that “last update” option enabled in cPanel>>Logs >>Awstats ”
If it is not there, do the following ,
You can also verify that the setting is actually enabled, by checking the AWStats Configuration File for a particular user.
1. Login via SSH as root
2. cd /home/username/tmp/awstats
3. grep AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser awstats.example.com.conf
4. It should be set to AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser=1
5. If not, edit the file and save.
6. restart cpanel : service cpanel restart